VULCAN & REGION FCSS &
VULCAN REGIONAL FOOD BANK SOCIETY
Operating under the FCSS Act and Regulation, the FCSS Executive Director will provide preventative social services to clients and the community by designing and delivering social programs that are preventative in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families and communities. The Vulcan & Region FCSS is a partnership between the Province of Alberta, the Town of Vulcan, Vulcan County, and the Villages of Carmangay, and Lomond.
The Family and Community Support Services Executive Director will work approximately 24 hours a week with some weekends and evenings.
Approximately 2 hours a week will be as the Executive Director of the Food Bank.
The Food Bank is funded by donations and grants to assist Vulcan County residents through food services and programs.
Responsibilities will include the overall operation of all programs, services, and staff of both the FCSS and Food Bank agencies including completion of reports, budgeting, annual and monthly financial reports, grant applications, program development, staff training and motivation, strategic planning, outcome reports and the liaison with other community agencies on important community issues.
Consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
• Post-secondary education in human services, community development or a related field.
A solid understanding of the philosophy of prevention and the ability to apply that understanding to families and community. FCSS experience is an asset.
• Knowledge and experience in financial planning, budgeting, and reporting.
• Two years’ experience in program design and outcome evaluation.
• Previous experience in human resources.
• Strong leadership skills.
• The ability to adapt to a changing environment.
• Knowledge of regional resources as it pertains to Vulcan County.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Solid computer skills including QuickBooks
• The ability to network and partner as a committed team leader and community partner.
• The ability to relate effectively to people of diverse economic, social and ethnic backgrounds.
• The ability to diligently exercise sound judgment and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated experience working with community boards.
• A recent Child and Youth Intervention Check from Alberta Children’s Services and a clear Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check deemed satisfactory by the Board.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume referencing Job Competition 2020-FCSS/FB Executive Director by 4:00 pm, Monday, June 15, 2020 to:
Ms. Carrol Thomson
Vulcan, AB T0L 2B0 or email@example.com
0r Drop off your application at 105B- 103Ave S. Vulcan, AB 403 485 2192 ext. 104
We appreciate receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an
Congratulations to Ruth-Anne and her very proud parents Claire and Marv!
Ruth-Anne graduated from Brant Christian School in 2015 and continued her education at Ambrose University. We wish to acknowledge her dedication and Cum Laud academic performance. Best wishes in all of your future endeavors and ambitious career goals.
With current public health and social distancing protocol we are missing the back bone of our organization; the volunteers!
Looking for safe social interaction with children home from school? Check out these new age specific kits!
Feel free to download and print these for your workplace or organization