Affordable and accessible transportation to medical appointments within Southern Alberta for all Vulcan County residents.
Service provided by Claresholm & District Transportation Society.
Subsidized by per capita funding provided by Vulcan County.
Benefits of Service:
- Door to door service within Vulcan, County of Vulcan, and Southern Alberta (Calgary, Lethbridge, Claresholm, High River, Strathmore, etc).
- For all medical appointments (i.e. doctor, dentist, vision, chiropractor, mental health, medical procedures and treatments, release from hospitalization, etc.)
- Wheelchair accessible.
- For those unable to drive, do not have access to a vehicle, unable to drive home after a medical procedure, and for people who feel uncomfortable or unsafe driving on winter roads or in local cities.
- Companion can accompany passenger for extra $10.
- Relieve cost and hassle of parking.
- Alleviate wear and tear on your vehicle.
Flat Fee Rates – 2017 (Round Trip)
|Wait-time (round trip):|
|Calgary > 5 hours: $20.00 per hour|
|Lethbridge > 4 hours: $20.00 per hour|
|In town Wheelchair > 1 hour: $20.00 per hour|
|Companion Fare Fee: $10.00|
|Prices subject to change without notice.|
Income Qualified rates apply to persons on AISH, Alberta Works Income Support, Alberta Senior Benefits, and CPP Disability.
Please note persons on AISH and Income Support are required to contact their case worker to coordinate the booking. Invoice for payment sent directly to the case worker by Claresholm & District Transportation Society.
Seniors on Alberta Seniors Benefits can claim a portion of their expense for mileage to medical appointments. Please contact Claire at FCSS for further information at 403-485-2192.
About the Service
- Claresholm & District Transportation Society has provided affordable and accessible transportation for seniors and those with disabilities for the past 12 years.
- Service does not include any assistance such as care requirements needed by the individual.
- The drivers reserve the right to cancel a trip due to inclement weather or refuse to transport abusive clients.
- Courteous drivers provide a safe and timely transport for the convenience of the customer.
- Vans Safety Inspected.
- Fully Insured.
- Qualified Drivers.
- Registered with Alberta Transportation.
Call Claresholm & District Transportation Society between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. at their toll free number 1-844-228-4455 to book your transportation.
Please try to book 1 week in advance. A minimum 24 hour booking will be accepted.
Hours of service:
Departures between 7 am and 7 pm / 7 days a week
Departures between 7 pm and 7 am dependent on driver availability.
Claresholm & District Transportation Society
Lyal O’Neill, Office Coordinator