Vulcan Food Bank is a participating community in the Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program. Trained volunteers are available March to April each year to prepare BASIC income tax and benefit returns FOR FREE for Vulcan County residents who are living in low-income situations.
In order to file your income taxes correctly, we require the following information to be dropped off at our office at 105B – 3rd Ave. South, Vulcan:
- Name, address, phone number, SIN#, and date of birth.
- Marital status and did it change during the year.
- Is there a spouse or common-law partner – and what is their SIN# and D.O.B.
- Where did you live on Dec. 31st of the previous year.
- Any children? Their names and D.O.B.’s.
- Are you a Canadian citizen?
- If this the first year you are filing a tax return?
- Do you own foreign property?
- Did you make any RRSP contributions?
- Has anyone else claimed you as the eligible spouse or eligible dependent for the working income tax benefit?
Brought to you by Vulcan’s Initiative to Achieve Better Living Environments (VIABLE)