Congratulations to Ruth-Anne and her very proud parents Claire and Marv!
Ruth-Anne graduated from Brant Christian School in 2015 and continued her education at Ambrose University. We wish to acknowledge her dedication and Cum Laud academic performance. Best wishes in all of your future endeavors and ambitious career goals.
With current public health and social distancing protocol we are missing the back bone of our organization; the volunteers!
Looking for safe social interaction with children home from school? Check out these new age specific kits!
Feel free to download and print these for your workplace or organization
These tips were contributed by participants in the Budgeting/Saving Money Session at the Vulcan Regional Food Bank Society in early 2017:
Tips to Help Save You Money
- Housing—— If rent is to high move to lower rent, take in boarders, re-negotiate mortgage.
- Utilities——Lights out, hang clothes outside, unplug unnecessary appliances i.e. charger’s, lights not used, etc., shop around for lower utility providers, use less water if possible, energy saving light bulbs, turn heat down lower when not home or at night, programmed thermostat.
- Transportation—– Carpool, walk, ride a bike, plan trips errands all in one day, make sure tires are inflated, change oil and maintain car repairs for gas savings, do your own repairs, use gas station reward points.
- Groceries——- Shop with others on bulk items maybe you only need 6 cans of something and there are 12 in a case you can split with others, look at ads for best deals, buy only what you need, watch out for impulse items.
- Child Care—— Subsidies from government, Older ones look after younger children, Grandparents would like to help out, barter services for babysitting, home school children.
- Recreation—- Camping, hiking, biking, playing in a park or backyard, free swim times at pools.
- Personal Allowance—— Only allow for what you truly need.
- Medical Expenses———Generic brands for all medications, check at pharmacy for blister packing your medicine’s, Alberta Adult Health Benefit, Home remedies, check for lower prices on brands you use most for medicinal needs i.e. Tylenol, Aspirin etc.
- Loans and Credit Cards——Shorter time less interest on loan if paid off quicker, Re-finance existing loan or mortgage for a lower interest or for lower payments per month. Credit Cards, pay off owing each month, go for a lower interest card, debit or credit card pay as you go.
- Education——- Food Bank Homelessness Grant, Lethbridge Ed2go online.
- Gifts——– Do it yourself, Pinterest, dollar store’s, re-gifting, barter.
Other Ways to save Money——- DIY, coupons, Bargains/flyers/sale’s, customer appreciation days, buy in bulk if you will use it, gardening i.e. grow your own vegetables, find ways to extend your groceries with recipes and using leftovers.